August 2015

In August Chris had a week off in-between trimesters which happened to fall on our anniversary. 
So we thought we would make a weekend trip to Austin.


Lady Bird Lake/ Auditorium Shores. We fell in love with this park last time we were here so it was a must again.  
We were driving around and came across Zilker Park which was amazing. Very out doorsy and active with a lot of people playing sand volleyball, soccer football, ect. This is our kind of place. It has a really pretty trail that runs along the river. We found this little kayak/boat rental on the side and decided to give it a try. LOVE. We ended up renting a kayak both days we were there, it was so cheap and so fun.

He sat up front the whole time. Whenever he got hot he would look over the edge and want in the water to cool off. That doggie life jacket with a handle was awesome for dipping him in the water.

I got demoted to picture only duty. Fine by me!

Joes Crab Shack where we had the WORST service I have ever witnessed. Chris ended up accidentally leaving his credit card. We went back to get it and needless to say it was gone. Luckily I froze it right when we knew he had left it so no charges were made.

Austin Java- an amazing cafe with the best breakfast. We will be back.


We saw several swans while out and about
The Colorado River branched off to this little stream called Barton Springs. We parked the kayak, laid out and swam. It was really hot and the water was very welcoming.

Chewy thought he needed the towel more than I did.




Turtles everywhere. 




I couldn't get over how pretty the water was


No comments: