Our Thanksgiving plans went from going to Florida to Austin to just Chris and I to us and the Clarks at our place to the Clarks and Skaggs at our place to all of us at the Skaggs. Phew. Yes it was just as exhausting as it was to say all of that. When we decided that it was just us I ordered the dinner from Kroger since I wasn't feeling like cooking for two or going out for dinner, we have done that before and I didn't much like it. The Clarks and Skaggs, both fellow chiro families from other states were also loners this holiday so we decided to get together. I was expecting everything from Kroger to be warm and ready when we picked it up Thursday. We ordered it from their fancy Boars Head deli/restaurant place that looked legit. NOPE! The food was all pre packaged and cold. Luckily the turkey was cooked but also was cold and needed at least 2.5 hrs in the oven for re-heating. All the food actually had to be heated in the oven. The potatoes were fake so I had to whip up some real ones to make it not taste weird. I wanted it to be a simple hassle free day and it ended up being a hassle anyway and I dirtied just as many dishes had I cooked everything from scratch. Lesson learned. On a brighter side once everything was cooked it tasted fine. It was a cold rainy day so we stayed inside hung out and watched Star Wars
| Josh on the left Ryan and Shelby C. on the right. Photographer Shelby S. |
| Miss Presley coloring at the table while who knows what the rest of us are trying to do. Thanks to both the Shelbys for getting pictures. I didn't even think of taking any. |
| Burrito man. He thinks he is a baby and I love it. He just might be the only baby we get! |



No comments:
Post a Comment